Monday, May 4, 2015

3 May - Day 7 - Poona, Gympie in Queensland

Last night was dinner with all the SRA members who had travelled to Maroochydore. The venue was the Maroochydore Bowls Club, and before dinner we played barefoot bowls which was simply lawn bowls without footwear.
Really enjoyed the game - I can see how it would get you in. Anyway it turns out I have a bit of aptitude for the game.  My team won and I pulled off quite a few spectacular bowls. Here's one of the winning ones.
After finishing the bowls competition it was time for dinner. Unfortunately our dining room was right next to the room where Saturday night Karaoke was being held. All my life I've successfully avoided Karaoke but last night there was no getting away from a few of the locals determined to murder some of my favourite songs. By 10pm I had suffered more than any human being should have to and I walked the short distance to my apartment to enjoy the quiet and the solitude.
This morning was a club breakfast prepared at the Cotton Tree Caravan Park. Bacon and eggs on fresh muffins. Then after filling and washing the bike I decided not to join a club ride but instead to head for the little town of Poona which is located across the water from Fraser Island. My sister and her partner have a little holiday spot here and we spent the afternoon sitting in beautiful sunshine catching up on all the family news.

After a very pleasant afternoon it was time to return to Gympie where I will spend the next couple of days before commencing the trek home.

Total Distance 240 km

2 comments:

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.