Tuesday, April 28, 2015

27 April - Day 1 - Traralgon to Bright

Day 1 and I was on the road at 8:45. The clouds looked ominous but the radar only showed a few blue spots. I had originally planned to travel over Mt Hotham but the forecast was for 1ÂșC and 'snow showers'. Never heard the term before but it couldn't be anything good. So instead I decided to travel along the highway all the way, over the West Gate Bridge, the Ring Road and then on to the Hume Highway. All a bit boring but with the highly changeable weather I wanted to be on straight roads with plenty of service stations to hide in should it rain heavily. Copped a few light showers along the way and big trucks dumping tons of water on you as they pass are always exciting but the leather gear held up well and I didn't need to resort to the wet weather gear.


By the time I reached Seymour the skies started to clear and riding into Bright from Glenrowan it was clear skies all the way. Stopped for lunch in Millawa, one of our more famous wine growing areas and had a Quiche Lorraine at the local bakery cafe. From here it was a very pleasant run into Bright and I pulled in to my sister's place in Wandiligong right on 3:15. A pretty good start for the big ride.

Total Distance 511 km

2 comments:

  1. A fair start to your adventures. At least the rains cleared up for your arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting start, not the best weather but I'd rather be riding than at work any day.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.