Sunday, May 18, 2014

18 May - Ride with SRA members

Joined a small group of Shadow Riders (SRA http://www.shadowbikers.net/index.html) today. The four guys were all coming from Melbourne  and we arranged to meet in Warragul. From here we took the Warragul to Korumburra Road, and then continued on to Wonthaggi and San Remo. Lunch (fish and chips) was in San Remo in the shadow of the famous San Remo bridge.



The long run of fine weather continued and it was very pleasant on the coast but eventually is was time to say goodbye to the guys who were heading back to Melbourne while I turned east to go back to Traralgon.
In Leongatha I was confronted with flashing level crossing lights on a railway which I thought was out of service. It seems that a group of enthusiast operate a train between Korumburra and Leongatha on Sundays. The train is called the South Gippsland Railway.




An interesting web site can be found here http://www.sgr.org.au

An unexpected but very pleasant day out on the Shadow.

Total Distance 307 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.