Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Party Time - 10,000 Visits


Back in 2011 when I started riding again after a 35 year break, I decided to create this blog as a personal diary of my adventures. When you start riding at the age of 65 it is important to enjoy and celebrate every single ride and I thought the blog would allow me to look back and enjoy the wonderful experiences of motorcycling, long after riding became impractical.

To my surprise though, right from the start, the hit counter started to record a steady stream of visitors and my inbox saw a gradual influx of riders from around the world showing an interest in my wanderings in this corner of Victoria, Australia.

At some point in the past 24 hours the 10,000th visitor dropped in. I must say this is an aspect of blogging that I never expected but certainly enjoy. Contact with riders from all over the world and just sharing the joy and experience of motorcycling adds an exciting aspect.

Having just completed my fourth year of riding (and some 75,000 km) I can look back on the experience with a great deal of satisfaction. Initially I found getting back on a motorbike a daunting experience and it took a good 3 months before I felt truly in control and confident enough to simply enjoy the experience. And enjoy it I have. Those of you who ride already know the incomparable experience of achieving the competence and confidence to ride a motorcycle through all conditions and over all terrains. I read a quote recently (don't know the author) which summed it up perfectly:

Four wheels move the body....
Two wheels move the soul!

I certainly hope to enjoy many more years and km's on my bikes and will continue to record my journeys here. In the meantime, my thanks to all the visitors to my site, known and unknown.

4 comments:

  1. Theo:

    Congrats on another milestone . . . and keep riding

    bob
    A weekend photographer or Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Theo, one milestone down a few more to come now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow and I can remember you buying the bike before you had your Learner's seems like yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does seem like yesterday but it's 72,000 km ago. I'm glad I started my blog and have the ability to relive. It's funny, I just have to read an entry and I can instantly recall the weather, the smells and the coffee.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.