Sunday, June 9, 2013

9 June - Dargo with Marcus


We're well into winter and this weekend is a long weekend with a forecast for fine weather. Our friend Marcus arrived yesterday afternoon to stay for a couple of nights so today the plan was to ride the two BMW's to Dargo. Marcus has a fine looking R1200GS which he rode around Australia in 2012/13. We were on the road around 10:30 and stopped only briefly for fuel in Heyfield before pushing on to Dargo.


This picture (not mine) shows the famous Dargo pub which, because of the long weekend was pretty full. Four wheel drive vehicles and a few motorbikes everywhere. We contented ourselves with coffees in the general store across the road.  Despite the elevation it was very pleasant  and we sat out in the sun for a while before starting the return journey. After a very pleasant ride we arrived home just after 4pm. Altogether a brilliant day.

Total Distance 332 km

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.