Saturday, April 20, 2013

20 April - Wandiligong

Left Forbes this morning just after 7 am. The temperature was 7ÂșC, so it was time to rug up and switch the grip heaters to high. The first stop was Grenfell (Henry Lawson's birthplace) for fuel and as there was no sign of breakfast being served anywhere I continued on to Young which fortunately, featured a McDonalds. Time to thaw out and enjoy a hot breakfast. From here the route was through Cootamundra and Gundagai, at which point I hit the Hume Highway. Fortunately the traffic was light, probably because it is a Saturday. Next stop Holbrook for a photo of the submarine, a toilet stop and an icecream for lunch. Rang JT to see if he was home and in the mood for a visitor and then completed the last 180 km to Wandiligong via Wodonga, Beechworth, Myrtleford and Bright where I topped up the fuel tank ready for tomorrow. Reached Wandi at 3pm, and John and I are heading down to the Alpine Hotel for a few beers and a meal. Tomorrow, weather permitting I'll head for home via Mansfield, Alexandra and Healesville.

Total Distance 541 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.