Sunday, August 12, 2012

11 August - Dandenongs


Woke up to quite an overcast and chilly day but decided to risk a ride anyway. Had the Beamer serviced yesterday (10,000km) and keen to give it a run. Rode to the Dandenongs via Pakenham, Cockatoo and Monbulk and had lunch in a cafe in Olinda. After lunch I popped into Pie in the Sky to pick up some essentials (Apple and rhubarb crumbles) for desert tonight. The food in this place is outstanding. I'm dying to try the Beef Rendang Pie - maybe next trip. By the time I left Olinda it was drizzling so, on with the wet weather gear which once again worked a treat - the rain stopped immediately. The return trip was via a meandering route through the hills and joined the highway again at Pakenham. 

Total Distance 303 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.