Saturday, March 31, 2012

29-30 March Port Melbourne and Carrum Downs

Rode the Honda down to Port Melbourne to visit Marcus Ronalds who has taken a 12 month break from work and will be heading of on an adventure laden overseas trip in mid-April. We visited the BMW motorbike shop  in Southbank so Marcus could check out adventure bikes - he is also planning a ride around Australia on his return from OS. Tried a 2011 BMW F650GS on for size and found surprisingly that I'm tall enough to ride it. This particular bike was a dealer demo with 1700 km on the clock and fitted with every accessory available including ABS, mag wheels, hard luggage, tyre pressure monitor etc. All this at many $thousands below normal price - hmmm.. food for thought. Marcus opened a keg of Heineken and we had curries delivered - couldn't really drive after getting stuck into a keg. During the evening I checked prices of other second hand F650GS's which confirmed what a bargain was sitting on the show room floor so, next morning I dropped in and made an offer which was lower again and they accepted. The next item on the agenda was a drive to Carrum Downs to meet with one of our financial advisers for our usual 12 month review. Very pleased to find that our portfolio had not been trashed in the last 12 months and had even made a modest gain. Time to concentrate on driving home in beautiful weather - blue skies, no wind and mild temperatures. Got home just after lunch - quite a busy couple days.

Total Distance 390 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.