Thursday, November 24, 2011

24 November - Cowes, Phillip Island


A day off today and not a cloud in the sky. Time for a long ride on the Honda. Rode via Mirboo North, Leongatha, Inverloch and Wonthaggi to Phillip Island. The first stop was the Visitor Center at the PI Race Track which was very interesting. There is a museum and a tour of the track facilities available which I'll definitely do when there's more time. From here it is only a short ride to Cowes for lunch at Mad Cowes and a stroll along the foreshore. Cowes was not really busy but quite a few people were enjoying the fine weather at cafes and in the parks. The trip home was through Archies Creek, Kongwak, Korrumburra and Yarragon. Later in the afternoon the wind came up but altogether a most enjoyable ride.

Total Distance 352 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.