Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2 August - Kawasaki KLX250SF

For some time now I've been considering buying a bike which can be used on the many unsealed roads around Gippsland. In my extensive travels on the Honda it is often frustrating to reach a point where further progress is not practical on a cruiser. When I started looking seriously for a dual purpose addition to the stable I found quickly that there are only two bikes available that fit the bill and that I can sit on and still touch the ground confidently. I was delighted to find the Kawasaki Super Motard (KLX250SF). It goes like the clappers on sealed roads and is very much at home on dirt, gravel etc. It has an all up weight (including fuel) of about 130 kg. and after checking dozens of reviews on YouTube and elsewhere I placed my order for one last Saturday from a dealer in Seaford who offered an excellent deal which included on road and rego costs as well as 12 months of comprehensive insurance. So tomorrow I will catch the train down to Seaford to pick the bike up and ride it home via the South Gippsland Highway, Leongatha and Mirboo Nth. Once I get it home I will have to re-arrange the garage so that I can fit in the Kawasaki as well as the Honda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.