Sunday, June 26, 2011

25 June - Inverloch


Woke up this morning to a beautiful still and sunny day - ideal motorcycling weather. So, on with the thermals and out with the Honda. In no time I was cruising through Boolarra, Mirboo Nth and Leongatha and then down the final stretch to Inverloch. Stopped for lunch at a very good Bakery Cafe in the main street and then continued down the coast road to Cape Patterson. This meandering road follows the clifftops along the coast with plenty of glimpses of the sea. Then, when you reach the end you turn around and do it again in the opposite direction. Called in for a cup of tea at Fred (Rosa's brother) and Laura and after a pleasant chat it was time to head towards home. The good weather held out all the way back.

When I had handlebar heaters installed last year, the dimwit who did the installation wired them directly to the battery. This meant that if you forget to switch them off, or some curious passerby presses the switch (both have happened) you end up with the flat battery. Because of the fuel injection system the Honda cannot be push started which means you need to find someone with jumper leads - a major pain in the butt. Last week I installed a relay in this circuit which switches the power off when the ignition is off. This relieves a major worry and this trip was the first major ride to test it out - 100% successful.

Total Distance 254 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.