Sunday, January 30, 2011

29 January 2011 - Walhalla and Thomson Dam


Another great day and all the chores done. Fired up 'the Shadow' and headed up to Walhalla. The road and the town turned out to be busy - I guess everyone else thought it was a great idea too. After a milkshake in a local cafe it was time for the next destination - the Thomson Dam. It was almost a year since the last visit there and on that occasion it was a dismal picture as the water level was very low. Now, while it is still far from full, there is a great deal more water, but plenty of room for more. Had a look at the overflow spillway - not sure if it has ever been used.


Stretched the legs, and the right arm which still gets a bit sore, and then headed for home, back through Rawson and Tyers. Altogether a great outing and captured some fine video on the Drift HD170 as well.

Total Distance 124 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.