Sunday, October 24, 2010

24 October 2010 Ulysses Ride to Briagolong Pub

The monthly club ride for October was on today and the destination was the Briagolong pub for lunch.
Quite a nice day and about 15 bikes participated. It was a good chance to give the bike a good test run after the 12,000 km service and it purred like a kitten. Our ride leader took us for morning coffee in Heyfield where we were encouraged to try the apparently world famous sausage rolls. Less than an hour to go to lunch but I suppose one couldn't hurt. They were very good. The trip then continued past the Lake Glenmaggie dam wall and over the McAllister river and then on to Briagolong. The food at the pub was very good and delivered in an orderly fashion. The ride home was via Maffra - must stop here and check out the cafes one day - Cowarr and Toongabbie and then Traralgon. A great ride enjoyed by all. Now it's only four sleeps before the long weekend ride to Bright.

Total Distance 207 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.