Sunday, August 15, 2010

14 August 2010 - Warburton Overnight



A few weeks ago, when I received my new motorcycle license it was accompanied by a letter offering free rider training to returning riders in my advanced age group. Earlier this week I made contact and took up the offer. After completing a detailed survey over the phone I was offered a place on a Honda Advanced Rider Training course this Sunday. The course will commence at 10 am in Kilsyth. When I worked out the logistics of getting from Traralgon to Kilsyth (a 7am start in mid winter) I decided on the more leisurely option of riding down this afternoon. Set of from home at 13:00 and enjoyed a magnificent ride through Noojee, Powelltown and Yarra Junction to arrive in Warburton at 15:00. After a quick lunch and a bit of sightseeing I checked in to the Alpine Retreat Hotel in Warburton. I had checked the hotel out earlier. The room which is comfortable and clean was $40 and dinner (Texas T Bone) next to a huge woodfire, was amazing. I've just placed my breakfast order for bacon and eggs on toast ($12) for the morning and I think I'll get an early night. It's quite cold up here, might wear the thermals under the pajamas.


Distance 210km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.