Sunday, July 4, 2010

4 July 2010 - Woodside

Another one of those winter days which did not look very promising, but once on the bike it got better and better. Wanted to check some interesting dirt roads I spotted before but didn't try. Headed out past Loy Yang and Gormandale and up Powers Hill. Turned left on to Tom's Cap Rd which is a very good dirt road. Followed this all the way to the walking track which leads to the top of Mt Tom's Cap, named by Angus McMillan who explored the Gippsland region in the 1840's. At the top is a historic cairn to mark the spot where McMillan first sighted the coast. Met three guys riding trail bikes and chatted for a while. Rode back past Tom's Cap Winery and then turned on to the Carrajung Woodside Rd. Turned left on to Sth. Gippsland Highway, through Woodside, and then through the hills back to Gormandale via another good and very picturesque dirt road which for a while follows the Basslink transmission line.

Total distance 171 I'm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.