Saturday, July 17, 2010

17 July 2010 - Venus Bay, Inverloch and Cape Patterson


Woke up this morning to brilliant sunshine. Fired up the Honda, checked the tyres, and off to the coast. Wanted to check out Venus Bay and rode there through Mirboo North and Meeniyan. I hadn't been to Venus Bay for about 40 years. It's a small coastal town full of beach houses very reminiscent of holiday houses as they used to be before they became real estate investments. Looks like a nice spot to spend a couple of weeks during the summer. Next I rode to Inverloch for lunch at the bakery and then along the spectacular coast road to Cape Patterson. By then the wind had become quite strong but I'm getting used to that now. At Cape Patterson I called in at Nina's (sister-in-law) place for a cuppa and as luck would have it her friend Lorraine called in. Lorraine worked at the SEC in Morwell at the time Rosa and I worked there and I hadn't seen her for 30-40 years. Had a good chat about the good old days and then it was back on the bike and home via Inverloch, Leongatha and Mirboo North. A great day out on the bike.

Total Distance 275km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.