Thursday, March 18, 2010

18 Mar 10 - Phillip Island

After a few days of short rides and practice sessions I thought it was time to tackle a longer ride.
Set off this morning at 10:00 for a ride to Cowes via Mirboo North, Leongatha, Korrumburra and Wonthaggi. Apart from being an interesting trip I also wanted to visit the shop of Bikers Gear Australia in Cowes. This company, which has a web site, sells gear and clothing at about half the price of other bike stores. Wanted to check it out for myself and found they had a terrific range of excellent biker gear. I bought a two piece rain suit (top and bottom) for $69.
It was quite warm in Cowes and after a pleasant lunch and coffee I started off on the return trip through Wonthaggi, Cape Patterson, Inverloch, Leongatha and Mirboo North. Got home at 4:45 after a very pleasant day.

Total distance travelled 350km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.