Saturday, March 6, 2010

Glenmaggie Weir - 02 March 10




Nice ride today to Glenmaggie Weir. The weather was great and very few cars on the road. Travelled through Toongabbie, Cowarr and Heyfield and then rode along the foreshore of the lake. Due to the low water levels, it was difficult to relate the scenery to the childhood memories when we visited Glenmaggie with Mum and Dad and the family. Then rode to visit the actual dam wall. Unlike years ago this is now closed off and the public can't actually walk over the structure. Years ago you could actually walk through the tunnels inside the dam wall. After a short rest, made the return trip to Traralgon for some slow turn practice in the carpark.

Start Odometer 178, End Odometer 322. Distance travelled 144 km

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.